For those still not familiar with it; a QR code is a type of barcode that can be scanned by a smartphone. Detailed information or a contact number about the business or event is then displayed on the screen of smartphone.
A QR code is also an easy way to promote your hotel to existing and potential guests with all that the hotel offers from the coffee shop to the restaurant, the spa, etc.
Not all hoteliers know that hotels can provide a single QR code for all of their services, which is the topic we want to shed light on in this article.
What’s the catch?
Reasons are plenty, to sum up;
1. Hotel guests can get to everything they need within the premises through the QR code without having to go through different websites and apps. Adopting the QR code tech is therefore simply convenient both for you and for your guests.
2. Smart menu, ordering, and venue/hotel platforms that are backed with artificial intelligence programs and QR codes are definitely the new black. It is also demanded by guests.
3. It will make your guests feel more welcome and give them an option of what to eat for dinner, which spa treatment to book, and use laundry facilities.
4. QR codes are a great way to save time and increase customer satisfaction.
5. They are also a good way to increase your hotel’s revenue.
6. QR codes in hotels can also be used for room service. Customers can order food by scanning the QR code provided in their room with their phones and choose the meals and drinks they want to order. This saves time for both the customer and the hotel because it cuts out all of the back-and-forths that usually happen when ordering from a menu.
7. Another great use of a QR menu for hotels is the concierge service. This makes it easy for customers to get information about things like public transportation, museums, or tourist attractions without having to go through an intermediary like reception or front desk staff.
8. Your QR code can also offer personalized venue recommendations and food and beverage recommendations within the venue if you are using an advanced tool.
All of these can be done by creating a menu with the restaurant’s dishes and other services listed or just by providing a link to the website where they can find and book these services online.
Why is it that less is more?
In the context of the QR code technology, it also contributes directly to the productivity and sales of the hotel, thanks to the detailed reports and data they may provide to their partner businesses. A QR code also allows you to save money by taking a significant workload off the business.
QR Codes are still a rising trend in digital marketing because they are used to help customers find the right product or service they need with a few simple clicks. One of the many different ways QR codes can be used is for hotels and restaurants.
Thinking about a one-touch solution in hospitality, the first thing that comes to mind is the QR menu. It’s a quick and easy way for guests to order food and drinks without the need to communicate with actual people.
The second solution would be having a tablet at your guests’ disposal in their room to browse through various hotel amenities, such as spa treatments or dinner reservations.
The third idea would be a guest-facing tablet at the check-in desk that can be used by guests to choose breakfast options, request transportation, or make dinner reservations.
A QR code is by far the simplest, most cost-effective, and most efficient way to provide the exact same service.
How can your hotel use this technology to upsell?
Hotels and restaurants can use QR codes to make their menus interactive. Customers who want to order food or drinks can scan the QR code on the menu and it will take them to a page on the restaurant’s website where they can order what they need. This way, customers don’t have to go through a long process of finding what they want on a menu – everything is done in just a few seconds!
More advanced QR tools are aimed at increasing the sales of businesses with artificial intelligence support, personalized smart menus, and reports based on real user data. This valuable data then serve your hotel businesses both in the short and long term.
You can think of the QR menu of your hotel as a Smart Hotel Assistant since it is a digital hotel assistant product that provides access to all services offered within the hotel and is optimized for increasing cross-selling within the hotel at the same time.
Adopt QR Menus & QR Payments with FineDine
What’s important to understand is that these tools are described as the new generation of business management automation products that work integrated with smart menus. They are capable of managing all the needs of a hotel business from inventory management to guest communication and order management.
When you do your research, you will come across FineDine as one of the most reputable brands in QR technology and restaurant management tools.
If you also want to take the shortcut to streamline all of your hotel’s services in one place and create a QR menu, take a look at what FineDine has to offer.